Mother’s Day Essay Contest
05/03/2011 12:53 PM / Comments Off on Mother’s Day Essay Contest / Uncategorized
Moms work so tirelessly, it’s a wonder we only carve out one day a year to let them know we get it — they are irreplaceable. Red Thread thought it would be a cool idea to give our audience some real estate (editorial space) to erect a little monument (essay) explaining why your mom/wife deserves some tender loving care.
Here are the particulars:
- Your essay should not exceed 350 words.
- Your essay must be typed (or really neat, if hand-written) and submitted (or postmarked) by the end of business on Wednesday, May 11, 2011. Electronic submissions may be sent to: email@example.com … or mail to Red Thread, 29200 Northwestern Hwy., Ste. 110, Southfield, MI 48034.
- Kindly include a photograph of your mom/wife with your submission. Photos mailed in can be retrieved at the RT/JN offices.
- Your submission must include your full name, age, address and contact information.
Here’s what she can win:
Red Thread editors will select and publish the winning essay in our June issue; the winner, courtesy of some very generous Red Thread advertisers, will receive:
- A little time in heaven, courtesy of Krystyna’s European Spa in Beverly Hills, with a revitalizing Collagen Facial and Swedish massage.
- A “makeover” cut, color and style at Fiaz Salon and Spa in West Bloomfield. Known for his flair, technique and expertise, Fiaz is the stylist to the area’s most swanky ladies.
- To make her feel like a “lady,” she’ll also get her nails done. (Thanks for that, too, Fiaz.)
- And, looking oh so foxy, the lady will need some new threads; the owners of Hersch’s in West Bloomfield agree and will generously provide a $300 gift certificate for the subject of the winning essay.