For the first time, JCC Day Camps will work together with Tamarack Camps to present eight new programs that allow kids the chance to enjoy specialty camp activities and overnights at Camp Maas.
“We are always looking for ways to provide additional value and opportunities for our campers and camp families,” said Brian D. Siegel, JCC CEO. “By collaborating with Tamarack Camps, we’ve made it possible for our campers to get a taste of overnight camp and participate in new activities while continuing to enjoy everything that our day camp programs provide.”
Steve Engel, CEO of Tamarack Camps, said, “We are thrilled to host JCC Day Camps campers and staff at Tamarack Camps this summer. Often, campers want to be able to see what overnight camp is all about — and this is the perfect opportunity. Our programs have a lot of synergies, so, it will be great to collaborate and continue to provide Jewish camping experiences to the children in our community.”
In addition to the programs offered at Camp Maas, JCC Day Camps will continue its regular summer programming and has added a number of new programs including Action Camp, Amazing Archaeologist, Architectural Clay, Bats, Bugs and Butterflies, Cookie Creations, Emergency Response, Farm to Table, Glass Fusing, Glass Sun Catchers and Chimes, Kayaking/Paddle Boarding, Magical Miniatures, Painting on Canvas and Party Planning.
The new JCC Day Camps programs at Tamarack Camps include:
- A five-day/four-night overnight experience, held Monday-Friday, July 10-14, which will follow a typical day at Camp Maas, with swimming, outdoor activities, sports, crafts and more.
- A weekend program, including Shabbat, Friday-Sunday, Aug. 11-13, to be held at Silverman Village.
- Teva (Nature) Camp, held Wednesday-Friday, July 5-7. This will feature a nature program at the newly built Teva Nature Complex, an outdoor camping program and an outdoor cooking program.
- Watersports Specialty Camp, Monday-Friday Aug. 7-11, with activities at Camp Maas including time on the beach, waterskiing, tubing, canoeing and kayaking.
- Ropes – A day-long program on Tuesday, July 25, with climbing wall and group activities.
- Horseback Riding on Thursday and Friday, June 22 and 23, with a trail ride, stable riding and lunch at the barn.
- Let’s Get Physical, held Thursday, Aug. 3, with yoga, meditation, dance, water aerobics and more.
For more information and to register for any of these summer programs, visit jccdet.org/daycamps. Now through Feb. 24, receive 15 percent off any JCC Day Camps program when you register and pay in full.
Elizabeth Applebaum is manager of marketing communications at the JCC.