FOR HER FOR HIM KIDS Go to Gift Guide - Part Two - Shop…
Go-To Gift Guide For Dad!
The Classic Car Dad
Concours d’Elegance takes place July 28-30 at the Inn at St. John’s, in Plymouth. For dads that love cars, this is the place to be. June 1-17, Concours is offering a Father’s Day package that includes four general admission tickets and four commemorative posters for $100. This is a $140 savings compared to buying tickets at the gate.
The Do-It-Yourself Dad
For the dad who’s always tinkering with the car or the many other mechanical devices around the house, LiQUID WRENCH ® has the perfect tool for the job. The just-released LIQUID WRENCH Pro Penetrant and Lubricant powered by FlashSight™ features a new built-in LED, making it easier for dad to work in low-light spaces. Available now at AutoZone
The Foodie Dad
Whether your dad loves fine dining with filet and Cabernet or is a beer and pizza kind of guy, we have a list of restaurants with Father’s Day weekend specials.
The Morrie, in downtown Royal Oak, will be open for brunch on Father’s Day beginning at 10am, with dinner service to follow. Dad’s are sure to love the Nashville Hot Chicken & Waffle Stack, Pork Belly “Bennie”, Southwest Bowl, and Everything Bagel Bomb & Lox! The full menu is available online here.
- For the beer lovers, Ale Mary’s Beer Hall, located in downtown Royal Oak, features 28 beers on tap and more than 60 bottled and canned beers. It also features one of the best local selections of whiskey, bourbon and single-malt scotch. Additional information and menus are available at www.alemarysbeer.com
- With more than 1,000 selections and 5,000 bottles of wine in stock, Old Woodward Cellar, located in downtown Birmingham, is the best wine store to shop at if your dad loves wine. Here are a few bottles that would make a great gift:
- France: 2012 Chateau Haut-Batailley, Pauillac, Bordeaux $44.95/Btl
- Spain: 2014 Clio Cabernet Blend Jumilla, Spain: $49.95/ Btl
- California: 2013 Cliff Lede Cabernet Sauvignon “Stags Leap District” Napa Valley, CA $74.95/ Btl
If you’ll be downtown with dad for a baseball game Father’s Day weekend, be sure to stop by Brass Rail Pizza Bar, located right across from Comerica Park, for one of their house-made specialty pizzas, like the Wakey Wakey or Mighty Meaty! The full menu is available online here.
If dad enjoys the fine dining scene, and craves filet or sea scallops, Bistro 82, in downtown Royal Oak, is the place to go. Father’s Day weekend, Bistro 82 will be open for happy hour and dinner service beginning at 4pm. The full menus is available online here.