Ready to watch the Winter Olympics from South Korea this month? Here are some Jewish storylines, courtesy of the Jewish Telegraphic Agency:
- Israel has sent 10 athletes, its largest delegation ever at the Winter Olympics.
- Figure skater Paige Connors from Rochester, N.Y., will compete in pairs competition for Israel with Evgeni Krasnopolski. Connors’ mother is an Israel citizen.
- A.J. Edelman from Brookline, Mass., is Israel’s first skeleton competitor. He calls himself the “Hebrew Hammer.”
- Ex-NHL player Jonathon Blum will play for the U.S. Blum, 29, who plays for a professional team in Russia, was with the Nashville Predators (2010-2013) and Minnesota Wild (2013-2015) when he was in the NHL.
- Dylan Moscovitch is a pairs figure skater for Canada with partner Liubov Ilyuschechkina. Jason Brown is the U.S. team’s first alternate in men’s figure skating.
Send sports news to firstname.lastname@example.org.
[similar id=38992 type=all]