Thinking of renovating? The Michigan Design Center hosts a day not to miss.
If a home renovation is in your future but you’re not sure where to start, the Michigan Design Center in Troy is making it easy for you.
On Friday, April 27, the MDC hosts Renovations Done Right, featuring presentations, demos and displays throughout the day covering topics including kitchens, color, space planning and more — all presented by five of Metro Detroit’s hottest award-winning designers and followed by Q and A sessions.
Here, a list of the five keynote speakers
and their topics:
- Birmingham designer Marianne Jones: Creating Incredible Baths, sponsored by Ann Sacks.
- Designers Arturo Sanchez and Barry Harrison of Art | Harrison Interiors in Royal Oak: The New Kitchen of Your Dreams, sponsored by EW Kitchens.
- Pamela Livingston Hardy of Creative Renovations in Birmingham and Jane Synnestvedt of Jane Synnestvedt Interior Design in Birmingham: Space Planning. Jane’s presentation is sponsored by the Ghiordes Knot; Pamela’s presentation is sponsored by Duralee.
- Kevin Serba and John Rattray of Serba Interiors in Birmingham: About That Color, sponsored by Schumacher.
- Anne Strickland (PORT Mfg. & Design, Birmingham), Charles Dunlap (Dunlap Design Group, Pleasant Ridge) and Michael Coyne (Michael Coyne Design Detroit, Troy) each conduct short presentations on the topic of their choice in The Lightning Round, sponsored by Theodore Alexander.
In addition to the keynote speakers, which require an RSVP, the day will offer presentations on working with tiles, creating and keeping a budget, using fabrics, plus debuts of new product lines available through the MDC.
Renovations Done Right begins at 9:30 a.m. Friday, April 27, at the Michigan Design Center in Troy. RSVPs are required for keynote speakers. For a full schedule and to RSVP, visit michigandesign.com.