Students At Michigan Colleges Encouraged To Register To Vote
Students At Michigan Colleges Encouraged To Register To Vote At Secretary Of State Mobile Office
Office to travel 3,000 miles offering full services this fall.
Students at 18 Michigan colleges and universities will have a chance to register to vote at the Mobile Office this fall, Secretary of State Ruth Johnson announced today.
“We’re launching our 3,000-mile 2018 Voter Registration Drive on Tuesday, Sept. 4th at Oakland Community College’s Auburn Hills campus, and we’ll be traveling statewide from there,” Johnson said. “Students are encouraged to register to vote, ask questions about services and take care of any Secretary of State business they might have, right on campus.”
The deadline to register to vote for the Nov. 6 general election is Oct. 8, the day the tour concludes.
Faculty, staff and area residents are also welcome to use Mobile Office services at each stop, which will be open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. each day. A list of stops is attached.
In addition to voter registration, the Mobile Office offers all of the services available at a traditional office. Customers can change their address, renew their driver’s license, get their tabs and even join the Michigan Organ Donor Registry. Staff will be available to answer questions about voter identification, absentee ballots, locating a sample ballot and finding their polling place. Residents can also ask questions about the elimination of Driver Responsibility Fees, including those who have associated debt or a related driver’s license suspension.
Johnson said the voter registration drive supplements other efforts to register new voters, including:
- A postcard sent to every 18-year-old on their birthday reminding them to register to vote.
- Voter registration opportunities for newly sworn citizens at naturalization ceremonies across the state.
- Asking customers who come in for personal ID or driver’s licenses if they want to register to vote, provided they are U.S. citizens.
The 2018 ExpressSOS Voter Registration Drive Events
(Visits are 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.)
- Oakland Community College – Auburn Hills Campus
Campus Lot 2 near Building B
- Wayne State University
- University of Michigan – Dearborn
University Center patio
- Central Michigan University
- Saginaw Valley State University
- Eastern Michigan University
Student Center Patio south end
- Michigan Technological University
Sidewalk across from CDI Building
- Northern Michigan University
Lot #28 between Hedgcock, Jamrich Buildings
- Lake Superior State University
D Parking Lot
- Grand Rapids Community College
Olivarez Student Plaza
- Grand Valley State University
- Western Michigan University
Flagpoles at Center Campus
- Michigan State University
MSU Auditorium Loop
- University of Michigan – Flint
U Drive in front of University Center
- Ferris State University
- Davenport University – Grand Rapids
- University of Michigan
Michigan League circular drive
- Oakland University
Between N. and S. Foundation Halls
Support the Detroit Jewish News Foundation
Support the educational mission of the independent, nonprofit Detroit Jewish News Foundation.