8 Home Improvement Themed Chanukah Gifts from Hire It Done
Chanukah is a time for latkes, lighting candles and sufganiyot. It’s also become traditional for some to exchange gifts during the holiday. With the gift-giving spirit in mind, I’ve put together a list of 8 home improvement-themed gifts perfect for Chanukah.
- Handyman For A Day: Take care of those nagging loose ends around the home like hanging that art piece that’s been in the garage for the last two years. Or spiffy the kitchen up with new hardware! Some handyman companies can do more complex projects in about a day, such as installing a new vanity or small amount of flooring.
- Smart Doorbell: Keep an eye on those Amazon deliveries with a smart doorbell. These are all the rage and for good reason. They allow you to see who is at the door and can be linked to your smartphone – all at a very reasonable price.
- HVAC Maintenance Plan: It’s not very sexy but it will keep you and your family warm in the winter and cool in the summer. Keeping your HVAC systems maintained increases their life and efficiency, so it will also save you money. Another benefit is that having the system looked at by a pro every 6 months can give you a great idea of the remaining life of your furnace, air conditioner and water heater.
- Jackie Headapohl | Detroit Jewish News
Snow Removal: Don’t break your back! Hire it Done! You can hire a full service snow company, or just the neighborhood kid – but remember during a big snow, this is one of the areas where you get what you pay for. Professional snow removal companies typically charge either one flat fee for the entire season, or a fee “per push” meaning a set fee for each time they clear the drive.
- Gift Cards: Who doesn’t love a good gift card?! Gift cards to places like Lowe’s, Home Depot and Menards are extremely useful to any renter or any DIY homeowner. And you can never go wrong with a gift card to At Home, Home Goods, Bed Bath and Beyond.
- A Home Full Of LED Bulbs: Here’s an idea! This gift isn’t flashy but it can save some serious dough. Replacing all of your light bulbs with LED’s can reduce your electric bill significantly and you will find that you will use that ladder less.
- Smart Home Accessories: Google Home and Amazon Alexa currently rule the roost, but Apple Home is coming! Stream music, watch a video on how to make your favorite recipe or check the weather. You can even get the accessories to sync your home’s lights, that’s sure to impress your guests!
- Clear Out The Clutter! Nothing feels better than getting that clutter gone. Call a service like 1-800-Got-Junk and have them haul away your unwanted junk. You’ll be ready to tackle all of your New Year’s Resolutions once your clutter is gone.
I know not every family has a gift-giving tradition for Chanukah. In fact, when I was a little kid, and I asked my mother for Chanukah gifts, she would tell me “Adam, every day is Chanukah for you! You are a lucky kid!” I think the delicious latkes coming out of kitchens everywhere are almost gift enough. Happy Chanukah to you!
Adam Helfman created Hire It Done – the safe and easy way for homeowners to get every home improvement project done right. On the Hire it Done Radio show, Adam uses his expertise to give out useful tips, take phone calls and answer questions on everything home improvement. We’ll also be interviewing the industry’s top experts from every trade. Whether it’s DIY help or hiring a contractor, his advice will make your home improvement experience truly hassle-free! Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn.
Support the Detroit Jewish News Foundation
Support the educational mission of the independent, nonprofit Detroit Jewish News Foundation.