Mark your calendars. For the fourth year, Congregation Beth Shalom (CBS) is holding its annual “Let’s Eat Out” Fundraiser on Nov. 3.
It’s easy: Sign up and RSVP for a gourmet meal at a CBS host’s home at 5:30 p.m., then join everyone at 8 p.m. for a decadent dessert buffet at CBS. The cost is $36 per person. Contact CBS to RSVP by Oct. 31: (248) 547-7970 and give first, second and third choices as seats fill up fast.
Childcare is provided for $20 per child, including Jerusalem Pizza and movie inside CBS, so you can pay the night of the event and pick up your kid(s) after dessert.
Text “Let’s Eat Out” Co-Chairs Ilene and Neil Cantor at (810) 625-0842 or email email@example.com.
Dining options include:
1. Feaste de France: Tomato bisque, Salad Francaise avec framboise vinaigrette (raspberry vinaigrette), poulet Dijon en croute (Dijon Chicken in puff pastry), haricorts verte (roasted thin French string beans), asparagus balsamic sauté, patate (potatoes) Lyonnaise, French bread, Red and white French wine. Home of Ilene and Neil Cantor, Place de la Concorde, Huntington Woods (kosher home). Room for 12 guests.
2. Casual, Cozy Comfort Food: Back by popular demand — hot chocolate toddies, fresh fruit appetizer, tomato soup, steamed baby vegetables, homemade macaroni and cheese, homemade pita, cheese and crackers, red and white wine. Home of Rabbi and Wendy Gamer, Huntington Woods, (kosher home). Room for six guests.
3. Canadian Cuisine & Taste Of Quebec: Inspired by travels to Northeast Canada this summer, an interpretation of a Quebecois meal (dairy). The cuisine is influenced by the First Nations tribes, and French and Irish settlers: Cheese course, split pea soup, salade de chou (cabbage salad), tourtiere (vegetarian pie), maple brown sugar baked beans, maple-glazed salmon, green vegetable, hard cider, beer and wine. Home of Laura Hirschhorn and Ron Yolles, Huntington Woods. Room for 12 guests.
4. Mideast Feast: Hummus and pita, Turkish lentil soup, Jerusalem spinach salad, Israeli-style apricot chicken, Persian rice, Syrian green beans, Israeli wines. Home of Bobbie and Joe Lewis, Oak Park, (kosher home). Room for six guests.
5. Campfire Cookin’: Soup, tin foil dinners (you pick the contents; they will cook it up). Home of Barb and Jim Sugarman, Huntington Woods, (kosher home). Room for six guests.
6. Mexican Fiesta: Tacos (beef or chicken), fajitas, tortilla chips, sensational salsa, guacamole, beans, rice and beer. Home of Marcy and Matt Citron, Huntington Woods, (kosher home). Room for 10 guests.
7. Viva Vegan Italia: Vegetarian and vegan Italian feast! Vegan minestrone soup, assorted appetizers (caprese salad and vegan marinated antipasto salad), vegan eggplant parmesan, salmon with roasted tomatoes and shallots, vegan mushroom risotto, red and white wines. Home of Elaine Webber and Barry Chesterman, Huntington Woods, (kosher home). Room for 10 guests.